Head Building Officials are key to local government sales and marketing success. These decision makers have two primary responsibilities – the issuance of building permits and the inspection of buildings to ensure that they comply with building codes.
To qualify as a Head Building Official in Power Almanac, the person must perform one or more of the following primary responsibilities:
- The issuance of building permits for the construction, alteration, repair, moving, or demolition of commercial and residential buildings within a local government’s borders.
- The inspection of buildings within the local government’s borders to ensure and enforce compliance with all building codes.
Reporting Structure and Occurrence
- Most local governments have a Building function. If the Building function is performed by more than one person, then they may be organized into a “department” or “division” e.g. the Building Department.
- In some local governments, the Building function is a part of one of these larger departments: Public Works, Planning, Community Development, or Economic Development.
Titles You Might Expect
- Building Inspector
- Chief Building Official
- Building Official
- Chief Building Inspector
- Community Development Director
- Building Commissioner
- Building Code Official
- Construction Official
- Building Director
- Development Services Director
- Code Enforcement Officer
- Zoning Administrator
- Zoning Officer
- Zoning Inspector
- Planning and Zoning Director
- Planning Director
- Planning and Zoning Administrator
- Public Works Director
- City Planner
- County Engineer
Head Building Official Contact Information Collected
Power Almanac collects the following information for every role, including Head Building Official, so you can build and maintain the best local government email lists and mailing lists possible.
- Official’s First Name
- Official’s Last Name
- Official’s Title
- Official’s Role
- Official’s Mailing Address – Street/Box number
- Official’s Mailing Address – Suite Number
- Official’s Mailing Address – City
- Official’s Mailing Address – State
- Official’s Mailing Address -Zip Code
- Official’s Phone Number
- Official’s Phone Number Extension
- Official’s Email Address
300,000 Local Government Decision-Making Contacts are a Click Away
- Top Appointed Executive (e.g. the City/County Manager)
- Deputy Top Appointed Executive (e.g. the Assistant City/County Manager)
- Top Elected Official (e.g. the Mayor)
- Governing Board Members (e.g. the Council Members)
*Don’t see the role you need? Let us know! The role you need may be coming soon.