Power Almanac’s local government contact database includes over 10,000 Heads of Parks and Recreation. To qualify for this Power Almanac role, the person must perform one or more of the following primary responsibilities:
- Manage Parks and Other Recreational Facilities: this role is responsible for the budget, maintenance, and development of the city’s, county’s or township’s physical infrastructure including parks, trails, recreation centers, campgrounds, and dog parks.
- Oversee Recreational Programming: this role is responsible for the residents’ use of facilities, such as youth and adult sports leagues, special events, fitness classes, and golf course tee times. This role also supervises the creation and management of schedules and the use of reservation systems. They may also be responsible for organizing community-wide events (e.g., holiday parades).
Head of Parks and Recreation Contact Information Collected
Power Almanac collects the following information for every role, including Head of Parks and Recreation, so you can build and maintain the best local government email lists and mailing lists possible.
- Official’s First Name
- Official’s Last Name
- Official’s Title
- Official’s Role
- Official’s Mailing Address – Street/Box number
- Official’s Mailing Address – Suite Number
- Official’s Mailing Address – City
- Official’s Mailing Address – State
- Official’s Mailing Address -Zip Code
- Official’s Phone Number
- Official’s Phone Number Extension
- Official’s Email Address
Reporting Structure and Occurrence
In some local governments, the Parks and Recreation function sits on its own as a department or a division while in other governments (particularly small ones) the function may be part of Public Works, Public Services, or even Community Services.
Some counties, cities, and townships don’t have a Parks and Recreation function at all. In these cases, the function is managed by an independent entity like a “Special District ”, “District” or “Authority”.
Titles You Might Expect
- Parks and Recreation Director
- Recreation Director
- Recreation Superintendent
- Parks Director
- Director of Parks and Recreation
- Parks Superintendent
- Parks Manager
- Parks Supervisor
- Parks and Recreation Manager
- Parks and Recreation Superintendent
- Director of Public Works
- Public Works Superintendent
- Public Works Supervisor
- Community Services Director
- Highway Superintendent
- Street Superintendent
- Conservation Director
- City Administrator
- City Manager
- Service Director
300,000 Local Government Decision-Making Contacts are a Click Away
- Top Appointed Executive (e.g. the City/County Manager)
- Deputy Top Appointed Executive (e.g. the Assistant City/County Manager)
- Top Elected Official (e.g. the Mayor)
- Governing Board Members (e.g. the Council Members)
*Don’t see the role you need? Let us know! The role you need may be coming soon.