Deputy Top Appointed Executives (e.g. Deputy and City and County Managers) are key to local government sales and marketing success. These decision makers are more accessible than Top Appointed Executives, have important projects delegated to them, and are trusted, high-level gatekeepers.
To qualify as a Deputy Top Appointed Executive in Power Almanac, the person must perform one or more of the following primary responsibilities:
- Advise and support the Top Appointed Executive, and other department heads, in the day-to-day running of governmental operations. Develop plans, programs and projects that improve city/county/township administration. Additional activities may include budget planning, the oversight of economic development projects, and the development of policies and procedures.
- Monitor the work performed by all departments on behalf of the Top Appointed Executive. Though the Deputy Top Appointed Executive may supervise specific functions, it is unlikely that the Deputy Top Appointed Executive will function as the head of any one department.
- Represent the Top Appointed Executive in his/her absence on committee, board, council and outside agency meetings. Respond to resident concerns on behalf of the Top Appointed Executive.
Reporting Structure and Occurrence
- The Deputy Top Appointed Executive reports to the Top Appointed Executive. Therefore, a government will not have a Deputy Top Appointed Executive without having a Top Appointed Executive.
- The role sits within the office of the Top Appointed Executive.
- There may be more than one Deputy Top Appointed Executive. In that case they are likely assigned to different focus areas.
- Deputy City Manager OR Assistant City Manager
- Deputy City Administrator OR Assistant City Administrator
- Deputy Town/Township Manager OR Assistant Town/Township Manager
- Deputy County Administrator OR Assistant County Administrator
- Deputy Village Administrator OR Assistant Village Administrator
- Deputy County Manager OR Assistant County Manager
- Deputy Borough Manager OR Assistant Borough Manager
- Deputy Borough Administrator OR Assistant Borough Administrator
Deputy Top Appointed Executive Contact Information Collected
Power Almanac collects the following information for every role, including Top Appointed Executive, so you can build and maintain the best local government email lists and mailing lists possible.
- Official’s First Name
- Official’s Last Name
- Official’s Title
- Official’s Role
- Official’s Mailing Address – Street/Box number
- Official’s Mailing Address – Suite Number
- Official’s Mailing Address – City
- Official’s Mailing Address – State
- Official’s Mailing Address -Zip Code
- Official’s Phone Number
- Official’s Phone Number Extension
- Official’s Email Address
300,000 Local Government Decision-Making Contacts are a Click Away
- Top Appointed Executive (e.g. the City/County Manager)
- Deputy Top Appointed Executive (e.g. the Assistant City/County Manager)
- Top Elected Official (e.g. the Mayor)
- Governing Board Members (e.g. the Council Members)
*Don’t see the role you need? Let us know! The role you need may be coming soon.