We’re Hiring a Business Development Rep
Power Almanac, founded in 2011, provides a subscription service that delivers complete, ultra-accurate contact information for senior local government officials. Our database is comprehensive, with more than 255,000 records from 21,000+ cities, counties, and townships across the US (including 98% of those with a population >1,000). Our subscriber list is a who’s who of organizations marketing to local governments, such as Amazon, Aetna, and Carahsoft.
We’re seeking to hire one part time (15- 20 hours per week), remote Business Development Representative (BDR). You’ll manage your own hours, but expect to be working at least 3 hours every business day between the hours of 9am – 5pm EST.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. Opportunity for advancement based on performance. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Identify and initiate relationships with prospects via LinkedIn, e-mail and phone (cold calling)
- Develop and qualify leads to hand-off to our sales team
- Nurture relationships with prospects as needed until that prospect is interested in meeting with a Power Almanac sales rep
- Develop and sustain knowledge of Power Almanac’s product, features, and benefits – and be able to clearly articulate our capabilities and advantages to prospective customers
- Reports to Chief Marketing Officer
- At least 2 years’ experience in business-to-business (or business-to-government) sales or as a BDR
- Highly motivated and target driven
- Self-starter, with the ability to work with little supervision
- Experience and comfort working with Salesforce and the entire Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook and Teams
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information to customer offerings and solutions
- Confidence to overcome objections and convert interest into qualified leads and meetings for our sales team
- You conduct your work with the utmost professionalism, and have excellent selling, communication (written and verbal), and negotiation skills
- Comfortable making cold calls
- You maintain an upbeat and optimistic demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Windows computer capable of running all Microsoft Office applications, with reliable broadband Internet access.
- PLUS (but not required): knowledge about local governments
Email resume and cover letter to Steve Abdalla, CMO, firstname.lastname@example.org